ADHD Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN
Visit Body & Mind Consulting today to learn more about ADHD and what help is available here. For a free confidential consultation, call us today or book a consultation online. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
An ADHD specialist is a medical professional, such as a psychologist, who helps people who have ADHD. They are specially trained to help those with this disorder by diagnosing, treating, and managing the condition. They can also help prevent ADHD by developing preventative measures and prophylactic protocols that are backed by research and scientific studies. Because ADHD is a common childhood condition, ADHD specialists are specially trained to diagnose and treat children with ADHD and to teach parents and caregivers strategies to help their children.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a mind disorder that affects people of all ages. People with ADHD may have trouble paying attention to details, staying focused on tasks, organizing tasks or activities, or being able to complete tasks. They may also have trouble sitting still or controlling impulsive behaviors like interrupting others or talking excessively.
The symptoms of ADHD are inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity; these symptoms can be present in different degrees, with some more prominent than others, and can change over time.
• Inattention (inability to pay attention or focus on one task for extended periods)
• Hyperactivity (abnormally or extremely active, often experienced as an inability to sit still or a need to be in constant motion)
• Impulsivity (acting without forethought, which may include interrupting conversations, novelty-seeking behavior, and risk taking)
Researchers believe that there are many different causes of ADHD, and new research has provided previously unknown information that improves our understanding of how the condition develops. These include:
• Food Additives — As recently as 2011, the general consensus in the scientific community was that food was not the cause of ADHD. However, according to a report (Potential Neurobehavioral Effects of Synthetic Food Dyes in Children, Published April 2021) from the OEHHA (Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment) in the state of California, research indicates that children who consume synthetic food dyes, including red dye 40 (Allura Red AC), can experience hyperactivity and other neurobehavioral issues. Sensitivity to food dyes can vary from one person to the next, but most research has focused on children. Adverse effects can occur in children with and without ADHD or other preexisting behavioral conditions.
Other causes include:
• Exposure to environmental toxins
• Exposure to substances in utero
• Illness and injury
• Premature birth
Mind health specialists, such as psychologists, can diagnose ADHD. Psychologists undergo specialized training on how to perform assessments and testing on individuals; they can also design a treatment plan that effectively addresses the patient’s needs and ameliorates the issues that they are facing.
While traditional treatments for ADHD typically involve medications, these drugs can cause a wide number of side effects that reduce the overall effectiveness of the treatment. Therefore, Mind health professionals have searched for different ways to improve ADHD that do not rely on pharmacological means. These include:
• Brain Wave Mapping — Brain wave mapping has been around for decades, during which time it has helped countless people understand the inner workings of their brains.
• Personalized Brain Wave Synchronization — This cutting-edge therapy involves retraining the brain to perform functions more efficiently and effectively, such as how to change thought patterns involved in ADHD.
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) — After successful treatment with EMDR therapy, negative beliefs are reformulated, affective distress is relieved, and physiological arousal is reduced.
• Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) — This revolutionary treatment method offers healing from physical and emotional trauma. Similar to acupuncture but without the use of needles, EFT involves tapping on acupressure meridians to release blockages; these blockages are believed to store emotional energy that can become stagnant if not released.
If you or someone you love is living with ADHD, the Mind health professionals at Body & Mind Consulting can help you improve your quality of life. Call us today to book an appointment with our ADHD specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Wave Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Personalized Brain Wave Synchronization
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- PNOE (Coming Soon)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)