Functional Medicine Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN
Functional medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual. At Body & Mind Consulting we provide personalized care to address your specific health concerns. Call us today for more information or book an online consultation. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
A functional medicine specialist is a health professional who focuses on working with the whole person, rather than their symptoms, and often utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to healthcare. Functional medicine specialists are interested in the connection between mind, body and soul, as well as how social, emotional and spiritual health impact overall wellbeing. They believe that the body and the mind are deeply connected and that health is the result of a complex interaction of the body, the mind, and the environment. A functional medicine specialist aims to use the mind-body connection to resolve health issues and improve the overall quality of a person’s life.
Functional medicine is a branch of medicine that focuses on the mind-body connection for improving health and well-being through the use of lifestyle changes and other methods to promote health and prevent illness. Functional medicine is an integrative medical approach that looks at the whole person and addresses the root causes of disease, instead of just the symptoms. It is based on the idea that all illness starts with an imbalance in the body.
Functional medicine practitioners use a variety of diagnostic tools to identify and address these imbalances, including lab tests, food sensitivity testing, and lifestyle analysis. They also take into account lifestyle factors such as diet, sleep patterns, and stress levels. The goal of functional medicine is to restore health by addressing the underlying causes of disease rather than just treating symptoms.
Some of the benefits of functional medicine include:
• Integrated Approach to Health and Wellness — The most significant advantage of functional medicine is that it takes a more holistic approach to health and wellness. This means that in place of treating symptoms, the emphasis is instead on determining the underlying causes of various conditions. Taking this approach allows patients to improve their overall quality of life while addressing issues such as inflammation, fatigue, and gastrointestinal issues. As you might expect, this type of treatment produces far superior long-term results than other traditional approaches. Furthermore, because different techniques are used depending on what works best for each patient, everyone who receives this type of medical care should feel more empowered than ever before, helping them to stay healthier and happier day by day.
• More Thorough Examination — Another advantage of functional medicine is that it allows for a more thorough examination of patients who are being treated for illnesses. Using detailed questionnaires, medical histories, and physical exams to identify potential problems makes it much easier to determine which lifestyle choices can exacerbate certain conditions more than others. After gathering this information, the patient will be placed on an individualized treatment plan that may include natural remedies, exercise modifications, or dietary changes as needed to reduce stress or improve sleep patterns. This type of personalized approach is often more effective at preventing various diseases from developing in the first place, allowing you to feel healthier and happier today and tomorrow.
• Ability to Treat the Entire Body — Functional medicine also allows you to treat the whole body rather than just specific symptoms. As an added bonus, functional medicine practitioners are usually trained in other natural therapies, such as EFT (emotional freedom technique) and yoga, so patients can always expect comprehensive care. Laboratory tests and patient interviews are used in the functional approach to determine harmful acidity levels, digestive enzyme deficiencies, nutrient absorption issues, hormone imbalances, toxins, and antibiotic drug residues. Once these factors are identified, professionals can use dietary supplements, detoxification protocols, and phytonutrients to remove harmful acidity, aid digestion, balance hormones, and bring nutrients to previously depleted areas.
Functional medicine specialists have many important roles and responsibilities, including:
• Treat the root causes of illness
• Address the whole person
• Order lab tests and interpret results
• Work with other healthcare providers
• Prioritize a patient-doctor relationship
• Improve your health as soon as possible
• Prevent diseases with lifestyle changes
Functional medicine has one of the highest success rates in all fields of medicine, with numbers ranging from 80 to 90 percent. This is because functional medicine takes a more encompassing approach and relies on natural and alternative remedies that do not cause serious side effects or pose the risk of exacerbating preexisting conditions.
If you are looking for a better way to good health that takes a whole-body approach, come to Body & Mind Consulting to discover how functional medicine can help you reach your goals. Call us today to book an appointment with our functional medicine specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Yoga Classes
- Movement Restoration
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)