Lab Testing Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN
A full health screening at Body & Mind Consulting is a comprehensive medical examination that examines all components of health to provide the patient with a description of their overall health. For a free confidential consultation, call us today or book a consultation online. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
A lab testing specialist is a medical professional who specializes in laboratory testing procedures and processes used to diagnose people for a variety of diseases and conditions; they can also analyze biological specimens. Lab testing specialists can perform tests that help determine the cause of a disease, such as genetics, environmental toxins, and psychological factors. These medical professionals work in a variety of settings, such as hospitals and private practices.
Lab testing can help determine the underlying cause of a condition or medical problem by performing diagnostic imaging or lab work, such as blood tests, urinalysis and biopsies. This is highly advantageous, as many diseases and injuries are hard, or even impossible to detect with a visual exam alone. Lab testing has helped countless millions diagnose their medical problems and develop an effective treatment plan that can ameliorate symptoms and improve overall wellbeing.
Because there are multiple factors that impact health, there is no single test that can measure an individual’s overall health. However, there are a number of tests (including comprehensive wellness panels) that, when performed on their own or in combination, can provide an invaluable amount of insight into a person’s general healthiness and wellbeing. These include:
• Blood pressure testing
• Cholesterol level tests
• Blood glucose (sugar) testing
• Spirometry (lung test)
There are also a variety of factors that influence health, including:
• Hours of Sleep Each Night — The amount of sleep, as well as the quality of sleep, a person gets each night has a huge impact on overall health. Sleep is one of the most important bodily functions; without enough sleep, the body and mind cannot function properly, and will experience more complex problems the longer sleep deprivation occurs.
• Alcohol Consumption — Alcohol has several effects on the body, many of which are deleterious; it can also influence a person’s overall health.
• Amount of Exercise Daily/Weekly — Physical activity is one of the key ways to improve health. In fact, it is so important, a person’s overall health can often be measured by how much exercise they get on a daily basis.
• Diet — The foods we eat have a significant impact on our health; whole foods, such as raw vegetables, nuts and legumes, can provide many health benefits, while processed and artificial foods can cause health problems.
• Water/Fluid Intake — It is incredibly important to stay hydrated; our bodies are made up of roughly two-thirds water, so without enough water content, health problems can arise.
• Body Fat Percentage — A person’s body fat percentage can have a big impact on their health; too much weight can increase the risk for certain diseases, and the opposite is also true.
A comprehensive wellness panel is a thorough medical examination that looks into many different aspects of health and provides an overall picture of an individual’s wellbeing. Comprehensive wellness panels include a variety of tests; the tests involved may vary from one clinic to another, but often include:
• CBC (H/H, RBC, Indices, WBC, Plt)
• Cholesterol, Total
• Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
• Lipid Panel
• Thyroid Panel With TSH
• Urinalysis (UA), Complete
• Iron, Serum w/ TIBC
• Kidney (Renal) Function Profile
• Liver (Hepatic) Function Profile
A full health screening is a comprehensive medical test that analyzes various aspects of health to provide an overall health profile for the patient. Similar to a comprehensive wellness panel, full health screenings involve a variety of testing methods.
If you want to better understand your health, come to Body & Mind Consulting for our lab testing! Call us today to book an appointment with our lab testing specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Wave Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Personalized Brain Wave Synchronization
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- PNOE (Coming Soon)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)