Stress Management Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN
A variety of techniques are provided by Body & Mind Consulting’s stress management specialist to help you deal with stress and difficulties (adversity) in your life more effectively. Call us today for more information or book an online consultation. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
A stress management specialist is a mind health professional who works with people who are experiencing high levels of stress and/or the complications caused by stress. They help their patients find ways to reduce stress, prevent stress from becoming a problem, and manage stress when it does occur. Stress management specialists are highly qualified; most have a doctorate in psychology or other related fields. They may specialize in a particular area, such as job or workplace-related stress, or they may be generalists.
Stress is normal and, in many cases, a necessary part of life. While everyone experiences stress, what causes it can differ from person to person, and may include:
• Financial Problems — Money is the top cause of stress in the United States; according to a 2015 survey conducted by the American Psychological Association (APA), 72% of Americans stressed about money at least some of the time during the previous month.
• Work — In the United States, at least 40% of people report that their jobs are stressful; 26% report they often feel burned out by their work. Any number of things can contribute to job stress, including dissatisfaction with a job or career, too much work, job insecurity, and conflicts with a boss and/or co-workers.
• Personal Relationships — There are people in all of our lives that cause us stress, including family members, intimate partners, friends, or co-workers.
• Parenting — People often say that parenting is the most difficult job in the world, and that would not be incorrect. Parents are often faced with many demands that result in stress, including managing busy schedules, performing household duties, and raising children.
Managing stress is important because:
• Stress Takes Many Forms — Although not everyone experiences all of the symptoms of stress, more likely than not, most people are familiar with a few of the following: headaches; muscle tension/pain; fatigue; lowered libido; chest pain; stomach issues; disrupted sleep; anxiety; depression; lack of motivation; irritability; emotional dysregulation; overeating; under-eating; local isolation; and substance abuse.
• Stress Affects Hormones — The two major stress hormones, adrenaline and cortisol, are useful in dangerous or life-threatening situations, but can be deleterious to one’s health when chronically circulating in the blood. Adrenaline increases heart rate, raises blood pressure and stresses the cardiovascular system, while cortisol increases blood sugar, and enhances the brain’s use of glucose; none of these symptoms is ideal in a chronic state.
• Long Term Consequences of Stress —While stress is subjective and somewhat qualitative, the effect it has on the body has a direct relationship with an increased risk of: cardiovascular disease; sleep disorders; digestive problems; skin disorders; psychological issues such as depression and memory loss; and weight management.
Stress has a wide range of effects on the body and mind and can affect an individual’s behavior.
Stress effects on the body include:
• Muscle tension or pain
• Chest pain
• Change in sex drive
• Stomach upset
• Sleep problems
Mood changes from stress include:
• Angry outbursts
• Feeling overwhelmed
• Irritability or anger
• Sadness or depression
The impacts of stress on behavior include:
• Overeating or undereating
• Lack of motivation or focus
• Drug or alcohol misuse
• Tobacco use
• Social withdrawal
• Exercising less often
A stress management plan is a formal plan of action that is designed to decrease the negative effects of stress and improve an individual’s quality of life. It often involves stress reduction techniques, identification and avoidance of stress triggers, and ways to cope with stress on a day-to-day basis.
The mind health professionals at Body & Mind Consulting can help you better manage your stress, so you can live a happier and more productive life. Call us today to book an appointment with our stress management specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Wave Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Personalized Brain Wave Synchronization
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- PNOE (Coming Soon)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)