Nutritional Wellness Clinic in Murfreesboro, TN
The medical professionals at Body & Mind Consulting are dedicated to providing you with all of your nutritional wellness needs. With a focus on improving health and wellness through nutrition, you can achieve incredible health results. Call us today for more information or book an online consultation. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
What do nutrition and wellness mean?
What are the principles of nutritional wellness?
Why is nutritional wellness important?
How can we improve overall nutritional wellness?
A nutritional wellness clinic is a type of health care clinic that focuses on providing patients with the information, support and guidance they need to improve their health and wellbeing via diet and nutrition. These clinics are often staffed with nutritionists and other healthcare providers, such as doctors, who work together to provide their clients with the care they need. They may offer weight management programs, nutrition education, and other services to help their patients improve their health.
Nutrition can be generally described as the process of consuming the food necessary to promote health and growth. It involves diet, but also much more, including the effects that certain foods have on the body and overall health.
Wellness is the state of being in good health, especially as a pursued goal. In general, it involves physical, mind, emotional and psychological wellbeing, and ways in which these complex aspects of health can be balanced and improved.
Nutritional wellness can be defined as the science that looks at the relationship between diet and health. Although every one of us has the choice to choose what kinds of foods and drinks we consume, our body can be damaged by unhealthy foods and harmful additives, and it may not be obvious what effect they have on the body. The human body is a highly complex machine with its efficiency based mostly on nutrition. If the body has deficiencies of nutrients, excesses or imbalances, it can cause a negative impact on the functions of our body, which can ultimately lead to diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or obesity. Nutritional wellness is achieved by taking in the necessary nutrients from the various food groups in proper levels through diet. Balanced diet and adequate intake of nutrients are essential for maintaining nutritional wellness.
Nutritional wellness is based on the principles of healthy diet, weight management, nutrition for special needs (athletes, pregnant women, etc.), heart health and disease prevention. This is important because it involves providing the knowledge and skillsets to patients for making nutritional choices appropriate to their stage of life, activity level and overall health. Nutritional wellness is also important because it has a far-reaching effect on all other aspects of health, from physical wellbeing to mind health to emotional regulation.
There are many ways we can improve our overall nutritional wellness, including:
• Mentoring — The most successful people have mentors; these influential individuals have a huge impact on a person’s lifestyle and belief system. Mentoring is one of the best ways to improve nutritional wellness, as it involves a custom-tailored approach to achieving overall wellbeing.
• Nutrition Coaching — It is fairly easy to learn what foods to eat, but it can be very hard to actually put this knowledge into practice. Nutritional coaches help people make the right dietary choices, and also provide the encouragement needed to achieve their goals and put their plan into action.
• Food Preparation and Education — The way food is prepared can have a huge impact on its nutritional value. Educating people on how to properly prepare food in order to get the most health benefits is paramount to success.
The medical professionals at Body & Mind Consulting are dedicated to providing you with all of your nutritional wellness needs. With a focus on improving health and wellness through nutrition, you can achieve incredible health results. Call us today to book an appointment at our nutritional wellness clinic, or visit our office conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Yoga Classes
- Movement Restoration
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)