Sleep Restoration Clinic in Murfreesboro, TN
At Body & Mind Consulting, our team of medical professionals are dedicated to providing you with all of your sleep restoration needs. For a free confidential consultation, call us today or book a consultation online. We are conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Dr. Murfreesboro, TN 37128.
Table of Contents:
In today’s world, sleep is often overlooked. Many of us operate on just five or six hours of sleep a night, leaving us feeling exhausted and incapable of performing our best. Yet sleep is more than just a period of rest; it is an essential process that plays a key role in our health and wellbeing. The brain and body require sleep to recover from the daily stresses of life, and without adequate amounts of sleep, we are at increased risk for a host of diseases and disorders.
The concept of sleep restoration refers to a strategy to improve the quality of sleep for those who are experiencing sleeping problems such as insomnia. Insomniacs often find it difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep, which can lead to a range of sleep-related problems, including daytime drowsiness, difficulty concentrating, and decreased productivity. The goal of sleep restoration is to help people with sleeping problems improve the quality and duration of their sleep so that they can improve their symptoms and function better throughout the day. The first step in sleep restoration is to identify the cause of the sleep disturbances; then a treatment plan can be developed.
There are many possible reasons for sleeplessness, including poor sleeping habits (sleep hygiene), lifestyle choices (such as diet and exercise) and medical conditions. Some causes are minor and may improve with self-care, while others may require professional medical attention.
Causes of sleeplessness may include aging, too much stimulation before bedtime (such as watching television, playing video games, or exercising), consuming too much caffeine too close to bedtime, noise disturbances, an uncomfortable bedroom (such as a hot or bright sleeping environment), or a feeling of excitement.
Other possible causes of sleep difficulties include sleeping too much during the day, lack of exposure to sunlight, frequent urination, physical pain, jet lag, and some prescription medications, such as amphetamines or other central nervous system stimulants.
For many people, stress, worry, depression, or work schedules may also affect their quality of sleep; for others, sleep disorders are the cause of sleep issues, such as insomnia, sleep apnea, and restless legs syndrome.
At Body & Mind Consulting, we can help with sleep problems in the following ways:
• Stress Management — Stress is a common cause of disturbed sleep; it can cause the brain to be overactive, preventing sleepiness before bed, and can also interfere with natural hormone levels.
• Meditation/Breathing — One of the most effective ways to improve sleep is through meditation and breathing exercises. Intentional deep breathing relaxes the body and calms the nervous system, allowing people to drift off more easily.
• Alternative Approaches — We also employ alternative therapies, such as EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing).
• Diet — The foods we eat have a huge impact on our overall health, including our sleep quality. Certain foods can promote relaxation and sleepiness, whereas others can have the opposite effect. By becoming aware of your diet and the effects the foods you eat have on your body, you can improve your quality of sleep.
Receiving professional help for sleep problems can help improve your quality of sleep, which has a profound impact on overall health and wellbeing. Some benefits include:
• Better cognitive function
• Improved emotional regulation
• Increased energy levels
• Heightened awareness/focus
• Reduction in health problems
These are only a few of the many benefits that improved sleep has on the body; there are virtually countless more.
At Body & Mind Consulting, our team of medical professionals are dedicated to providing you with all of your sleep restoration needs. Call us today to book an appointment at our sleep restoration clinic, or visit our office conveniently located at 2611 Salem Creek Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37128. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients in Murfreesboro, Nolensville, Brentwood, Franklin, Smyrna, Mt Juliet TN, and surrounding areas.
Additional Services You May Like
Additional Services You May Like
- 360* Integrative Wellness
- Mind Health
- Body Health
- Nutritional Wellness Clinic
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain Mapping
- Sleep Restoration
- Functional Medicine
- Stress Management
- In Body Scan
- Lab Testing
- Diet Specialist
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Inflammation and Body Pain
- Depression Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Yoga Classes
- Movement Restoration
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)